- Hybridization experiments using slides for
– Microarray hybridization
– in situ hybridization (e.g., FISH, CISH)
- Exchangeable thermoblocks for 1 to 4 slides (standard object holder format) or Eppendorf DualChips
- Uniform heating and atmospheric control improves signal-to-background ratio, increases signal intensity and results in excellent reproducibility
- Increased hybridization efficiency due to rapid and homogeneous mixing of the sample (when using the Thermomixer® R)
- High level temperature stability during hybridization
- System ensures the highest level of homogeneity of the hybridization parameters between the chambers
- Reservoir pads ensure high air humidity
- Light-proof interior
- The pressure plate of the exchangeable thermoblock for slides DC ensures optimal hybridization signals when using Eppendorf DualChips
Does the CombiBox fit onto Thermomixer comfort?No.
Can standard 1.5 or 2.0 ml micro test tubes also be used in the exchangeable thermoblock for cryo tubes?No. Standard 1.5 to 2.0 ml micro test tubes have a diameter of approx. 11 mm and are therefore too small for the exchangeable thermoblock for cryo tubes (diameter of boreholes approx. 12.7 mm).
Do all types of Cryo tubes (1.5 to 2.0 ml) fit in the exchangeable thermoblock for cryo tubes?All Cryo tubes with a diameter from 11.0 - 12.5 mm are suitable, regardless of the bottom shape (for example, conical or flat).
What are the dimensions (diameter, depth) of the individual bores of the exchangeable thermoblock for Cryo tubes?Diameter = approx. 12.7 mm Depth: Total = approx. 33 mm Bottom shape: flat
Can you tell me the depth and the diameter of the bores of the exchangeable thermoblocks?The specification can be found within Userguide 001: "Applications for Thermomixer comfort, Thermomixer compact and ThermoStat plus" (Please insert weblink here)
Does the thermoblock for microtest plates have a lid?Yes. When the exchangeable thermoblock for MTP block is ordered, the lid is delivered in the same packaging. It can also be ordered separately (order no.: 5363 000.217).
Can 24-well cultivation plates be used in the exchangeable thermoblock for MTPs and deepwell plates?No. The thermoblock for MTP is designed for the globally recognized standard microplate with dimensions of 127 x 86 mm. The microtiter plates for cultures have larger dimensions (132 x 88 mm) and therefore do not fit in this block.
Which slides fit into the exchangeable thermoblock for 4 slides (Order no. 5368 000.010)?The exchangeable thermoblock 'slides' can be used for all glass slides of 75-76.5 mm length, 25-26 mm width and a height of up to 1.2 mm. This thermoblock is well suited for all types of hybridization reactions such as microarray hybridization or fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). Application notes descibing the use of thermoblock 'slides' for those kind of applications can be found on our homepage (Please insert web-link here).
Is the exchangeable thermoblock for slides compatible with the Eppendorf DualChip Microarrays?No. For the DualChip Microarrays, an exchangeable thermoblock is required that applies additional pressure to the hybridization frames. This reduces potential evaporation to a minimum.